Netflix has a sizable collection of Hindi films. However, the majority of Hindi movies on Netflix are from this decade and finding truly old, great titles from the golden era would be difficult. However, the streaming service has done a fantastic job of amassing a collection of lesser-known but superb independent and original Hindi films. You’ll also find a number of Hindi box-office hits and timeless films that are never too old to see again. So, here’s a rundown of the top ten Hindi films available on Netflix.
1. Chopsticks: Chopsticks, a feel-good Hindi film starring Abhay Deol and Mithila Palkar, is available on Netflix. Deol portrays Artist, a conman who is well-versed in Mumbai’s underground. Palkar takes on the role of Nirma, a shy and insecure young lady. When Nirma’s automobile is stolen and someone sends her to Artist for assistance, their worlds collide. As the two begin their search for the automobile, they begin to notice how different their personalities are.
2. Rajma Chawal: Rajma Chawal is a comedy film starring Rishi Kapoor, Anirudh Tanwar, and Amyra Dastur, and is named after the most popular North Indian cuisine. The Netflix film examines a father-son connection following the death of the family’s grandmother.
3. Lust Stories: Lust Storylines is a Netflix original Hindi film directed by Anurag Kashyap, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee, and Karan Johar. It covers four different stories. It also features a stellar cast, including Radhika Apte, Manisha Koirala, Vicky Kaushal, Neha Dhupia, and Sanjay Kapoor, who all participate in distinct stories. Love, lust, loss, and taboo relationships are all explored in the film.
4. Soni: Soni is a Netflix original Hindi film that follows the lives of a young Delhi police officer. She and her superintendent, Kalpana, work together to combat the city’s growing epidemic of violent crimes against women.
5. Gulity: Guilty is a Netflix original Hindi film that is a suspenseful thriller centred on the crime of rape. When one of their college buddies is accused of raping a common acquaintance, their tight-knit group is thrown into disarray.
6. Music Teacher: This Hindi film tells the narrative of an emotionally distressed music instructor who is given the opportunity to reconcile his feelings for an estranged student and girlfriend, who is now a well-known celebrity singer.
7. Bulbul: This Netflix period drama is a slow-burn revenge tale. It portrays the narrative of Bulbul (Tripti Dimri), a little girl who is married off as a kid to a wealthy Bengali family’s older man (Rahul Bose). She builds a deep bond with her husband’s younger brother (Avinash Tiwary), who is also a youngster, as she grows up.
8. Ankahi Kahaniya: Three storylines intertwine in the bustling metropolis as humans search for love and connections. The several segments, directed by Abhishek Chaubey, Saket Chaudhary, and Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari, explore the complexity of love, longing, connection, and loss in diverse ways.
9. Kaali Khushi: The mystery of a haunting village is told in this terrifying Netflix original horror film. A 10-year-old girl in Kaali Kuuhi must confront a malevolent spirit who has cursed her town. The spirit’s deeds are complicated by the village’s sad history of female infanticide, yet the girl must still protect her family.
10. Torbaaz: A former army doctor who lost his wife and son in a bombing teaches local children to play cricket in an Afghan refugee camp. Sanjay Dutt, Nargis Fakhri, and Rahul Dev feature in this action thriller set against the backdrop of war and the training of children to be suicide bombers.
Also READ: What was the story of the movie Shiva?