It’s incredible how brave our hearts are. They’ve broken a million times but continue to love as if nothing has happened. Some of us hide our anguish behind our smiles, others in our words, and let others live with it every day. Unrequited love is the most prevalent, and it also causes the most heartbreak. On the big screen, our beloved Bollywood industry has done a decent job of conveying that emotion through these sad songs.
1. Kabira: These songs were written for the film Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani by the immensely brilliant Amitabh Bhattacharya. Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor, more than anyone else, bring the words to life.
2. Agar Tum Saath Ho: Tamasha’s music had a unique flavour to it; Irshad Kamil wrote the song ‘Agar Tum Saath Ho.’ Imtiaz Ali previously stated that he had not asked Ranbir and Deepika to cry, and that their tears were genuine.
3. Mana Ke Hum Yaar Nahi: Parineeti Chopra sings eloquently in ‘Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahi,’ with Kausar Munir writing the lyrics.
4. Channa Mereya: ‘Andhera tera maine le liya’ had us at ‘Andhera tera maine le liya,’ didn’t it? Every devastated person was greeted by Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. The lyrics were penned by Amitabh Bhattacharya.
5. Phir Le Aaya Dil: This song will undoubtedly go down in history! There is no greater song to describe losing love and unexpectedly crossing paths with it than this one. The golden words were authored by Sayeed Quadri.
6. Main Rahun Ya Na Rahoon: Everything about unrequited love was written by Rashmi Virag. And we can’t think of anyone else but Emraan Hashmi as a wonderful one-sided lover.
7. Humdard: This song from ‘Ek Villain’ tugged at your heartstrings like no other. Mithoon’s lines were sung by Arijit Singh.
8. Bulleya: There is no greater song to express the sorrow one feels when all one can see is heartbreak. Amitabh Bhattacharya wrote this as well.
9. Tujhe Bhula Diya: Well, this song was composed by the multi-talented Vishal Dadlani, and even though it has been 9 years since its release, we haven’t grown bored of it.
10. Yeh Dooriyan: Irshad Kamil understands heartbreak like no one other, as evidenced.
Also READ: Is Prem Ratan Dhan Payo a romantic movie?