While we enjoy over-the-top movies, we prefer melodic, heartfelt, and emotional tunes! Here are five Bollywood songs you can dedicate to your mother on her birthday, a special event, or any other day of the year!
1. Tu Kitni Achi Hai (Raja Aur Runk): This famous number comes from the film Raja Aur Runk. The song was sung by the legendary Lata Mangeshkar, while the music was composed by Laxmikant Pyarelal, a well-known music director. Though we may have forgotten the song over time, today’s singers might be spotted performing covers of it.
2. Meri Maa (Yaariyan): We Indians are overly sentimental about our connections with others, particularly with our parents. This song was featured in the film Yaariyan during a rock concert performance by the male protagonist. K.K. performed the song, and Irshad Kamil wrote the lyrics.
3. Chunar (ABCD 2): Bollywood never fails to disappoint, whether it’s about our mother’s happiness or our Motherland India. There’s a whole new collection of Bollywood songs about mothers and the motherland. This song is from the film ABCD 2, and it features the male protagonist dancing while remembering his mother, who has been his strength throughout her dancing career. The words of this song, composed by Mayur Suri and sung by Arijit Singh, are magical.
4. Maa (Tare Zameen Par): Another lovely song that shows how our eyes search for our mother at every stage of life. The song is from the film Taare Zameen Par, which depicts the hardships faced by a dyslexic child. The movie told a different scenario, and the song was performed on stage when this child was sent to a boarding school for his education. Shankar Mahadevan sang the song, which was written by Prasoon Joshi and performed by him.
5. Teri Ungli Pakad Ke Chala (Laadla): This moving song from the 1994 film Laadla is a refuge for music fans. Admire this timeless musical piece that reminds us all of how much we owe to our mothers.
Also READ: Which are the Top 5 Punjabi Movies?