Movies, as we all know, have a tremendous impact on society and contribute a significant chunk of a country’s GDP. Read on to learn about the world’s Top 5 Film Industries.
1. Hollywood: American cinema, also known as Hollywood, has had a considerable impact on the film industry in general since the early twentieth century. From 1913 until 1969, classic Hollywood cinema was the dominant style in American filmmaking, and it is still present in the majority of films made there today. Hollywood is without a doubt the most powerful film industry on the planet. In 2015, it made $11.1 billion, more than the rest of the top four film industries combined.
2. Bollywood: With an average of 1200 films produced each year, it is known for generating the most films. The film was a box office success, grossing $1.8 billion. Mumbai is the center of India’s Hindi film industry, which is also known as Bollywood and was previously known as Bombay cinema (formerly Bombay). The Bollywood Film industry is knotted to the South Indian cinema and other Indian movie industries, which together make up India’s feature film industry, which is the world’s largest.
3. Cinema of China: With a box office of $6.78 billion dollars each year, Chinese cinema is second only to Hollywood in terms of generating high-quality pictures that are well-known around the world.
4. United Kingdom: With $1.9 billion in box office receipts, the United Kingdom has produced some of the best films in the recent decade. While film production crested in 1936, the “golden age” of British cinema is widely regarded as having occurred in the 1940s, when directors like David Lean, Michael Powell (with Emeric Pressburger), and Carol Reed produced some of their most acclaimed works.
5. Cinema of Japan (Nihon Eiga): Japan’s film industry is one of the largest in Asia, with box office receipts of $1.8 billion in 2015. Japan’s cinema has a lengthy and storied history that dates back more than a century. Japan has one of the world’s oldest and largest film industries, with feature film output ranked fourth in 2021.
Also READ: Which is the next illumination movie?